October is ushering in the first monthly genre focus. During these special months all books read and reviewed will be from a particular genre. A large number of romance novels involve cowboys, and so to tap into that section of the genre during the month of October, and possibly stretching into November, I will be focusing on books in the western romance genre. Why western romances and not regular romances? Well the answer is quite simple.
I’m a sucker for cowboys. It’s probably one of the big reasons I love Westerns, especially the classics. Who doesn’t appreciate a strong man in tight jeans, wearing a stetson hat, who has rugged good looks and a rock hard body in his arsenal. The kind that works from morning to night, and not just any work, but that back breaking kind of work that comes from living and working on a ranch. Sure his personality may be as rough as his chiseled chin but he does have a tender side buried in there somewhere, sometimes only shown around the animals they work with. Now see, I’ve gone off on a tangent about cowboys and I haven’t even gotten to the books yet!
I will admit I’m not a huge romance person, so this is not only a focus month on the genre but also a way to become better acquainted to romance using my love of cowboys as a gateway.
The following books are those that have made the list, though others may be added should time permit.
- The Last Cowboy by Lindsay McKenna
- The Wrangler by Lindsay McKenna
- Bet On A Cowboy by Julie Benson
- Callie’s Cowboy by Karen Leabo
- Wyoming Fierce Diana Palmer
- The Prodigal Cowboy by Kathleen Eagle
- Wyatt: Return of The Cowboy by Cathy McDavid
- Kade by Delores Fossen
- Her Cowboy Distraction by Carla Cassidy
- Aidan: Loyal Cowboy by Cathy McDavid
- Justice At Cardwell Ranch by B.J. Daniels
- Austin Second Chance Cowboy by Shelley Galloway
- Colton Rodeo Cowboy by C.J. Carmichael
- Kansas City Cowboy by Julie Miller
- Josh by R.C Ryan
- Trouble In Texas by Katie Lane
- The Last Single Maverick by Christine Rimmer
- Wrangled by B.J. Daniels
- Big Sky Mountain by Linda Mael Miller
- The Cowboy Comes Home by Patricia Thayer
- Love On The Range by Jessica Nelson
- Courageous by Diana Palmer
- Mistletoe Cowboy by Carolyn Brown
- Worth The Risk by Charlene Sands
Do you know of any good western romance book you’d like added to the list? Please leave a comment and I’ll try my best to get them added and reviewed along with those above.