Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is Top Ten Favorite Authors In X Genre (Ex- Top Ten Favorite Science Fiction Authors, Top Ten Fave Contemporary YA authors).
As I read a large volume of Fantasy books I figured it would be easiest to list my ten favorite Fantasy Genre authors. These will be listed in no particular order because to be quite honest they are all amazing and would take me forever to actually order them.
- Kristen Britain. The author of the Green Rider series. Though the time you must wait between each book release is very long, usually around four years, her books are well worth the wait.
- Sara Douglass. Specifically for her Wayfarer Redemption series but her others book are amazing as well. The characters are always well developed and interesting, the plots have plenty of twists but not too many so to make it confusing and the worlds are vivid and inviting.
- Barb & J.C. Hendee. A husband and wife writing team they write the Noble Dead Saga books which number eleven books so far, including the newest release coming out in December of this year. It’s one of the few series out there where the fact that it has vampires in it doesn’t send me screaming in terror.
- Jacqueline Carey. Though I have only read one of her books so far, mainly due to time constraints and other books than anything else, I really enjoy her work. Kushiel’s Dart was an amazing story and I really can’t wait to read the rest of the series and other book by her.
- Elizabeth Haydon. Again I have only read one book in her Symphony of Ages series but I did really enjoy it, even if it did have a very slow part early on in the book.
- Jennifer Fallon. Author of the Hythrun Chronicles, her books were really great. I have read both trilogies from this series, save for the last book in the second trilogy only because for the longest time I couldn’t find it, now that I finally have it I need to make time to read it.
- Marion Zimmer Bradley. She has written so many books in her career, but the only ones I have read are some from the Mists of Avalon series. I have always been a huge fan of the King Arthur story and books/movies set in the Medieval Era. I have read about half the books in this series and will read the rest whenever I can find them in the stores.
- Caitlin Brennan. Author of the White Magic trilogy this series centers around horses who are Gods and the riders who ride them and wield power to alter the future. The one thing I wish could happen is for the series to continue, the final books left it open to future books but as of yet nothing has happened with that.
- George R.R. Martin. Does this one need any explanation? Certainly those who have heard of his books know why he is on the list. If you haven’t go check them out and you will understand.
- Richard Adams. Based solely on his book Watership Down, this author certainly knows how to write a great story. Since reading Watership Down I have been on the hunt to find and read his other books, so far I have picked up Shardik but the others have yet to be seen in the book stores I frequent.
What are your favorite authors of a particular genre and why?