Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Authors That I’d Put On My Auto-Buy List (basically an auto-buy list is no questions asked..you love this author so much that no matter what they wrote next you’d buy regardless of genre or subject matter).
Oh man, this is such an interesting top ten, though I’m not sure if I can make it all the way to ten. There are so many authors out there that I love but I’m not sure if I would buy their books without question especially if it was in different genres than they normally would write in. Some I would, others probably not. So here they are in no particular order.
- B.J. Daniels. I’ve only started to read her books but the few that I have read I’ve highly enjoyed. The fact that she writes Romantic Suspense novels means that there’s already two genres which I enjoy of hers and I’m sure any others I would enjoy as well.
- Kristen Britain. Author of the Green Rider series. She had to be on the list simply because I love that series so much I would gladly buy anything else she wrote in any other genre.
- Betty White. I love Betty White. Her sense of humor, love of animals and the fact that I’ve grown up watching her on numerous TV shows means I’d enjoy her writing in any genre. I’ve only bought and read one of her published books so far but I do have my eyes out for others. Also if I could have anyone narrate audio books I would choose Betty White hands down every time.
- Stephen King. While I admit I’ve only read two of his books so far and wasn’t overly impressed with either of them I know he has written some amazing books in his career and so I’d be willing to buy whatever else he comes out with in the future. I own plenty of his books just haven’t had the time to read them yet.
- Timothy Zahn. While I’ve only read the books he’s written for the Star Wars series I really enjoy his writing style. I think I would enjoy reading books written in other genres by him.
- Maggie Stiefvater. I’ve only read The Scorpio Races so far but I enjoyed it enough that I would/will definitely be picking up her other books in the future.
- Kendare Blake. I loved her Anna series, especially Anna Dressed In Blood. It was those books that made me like the YA genre just a little bit more. I could certainly see myself picking up more of her books in the future written in other genres.
- Fannie Flagg. Based solely on her novel Fried Green Tomatoes At The Whistle Stop Cafe. I loved that book and would willingly blindly buy anything else published by her in the future without thought.
- George R.R. Martin. I don’t think I need to explain this one, but on the off chance I do, three words. Game of Thrones. Enough said.
Alright so I didn’t quite make it to ten but I came closer than I had thought I would. Honestly I’ve read so many authors recently that I now love but it’s hard to base these choices after having only read one maybe two of their books.