Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy…But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread.
Well first off, this weeks topic actually describes about 75% of my bookshelves. I buy books faster than I read them but I do intend to read all of them at some point. However I will attempt to pick the ten which have been sitting here the longest waiting for attention. So here they are in no particular order.
- Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton. This has been on my shelf since I watched the movie many many years ago. The poor thing has been collecting dust ever since. I will get to it one of these days.
- It by Stephen King. I’ve only owned the actual book for a few months now but I remember seeing this book as a teen wanting to read not being given the chance to. There is a story behind this one that I will share at some point. I also need to watch the movie at some point.
- The Shining by Stephen King. Not sure exactly how long I’ve wanted to read this one but for quite some time. I have the book sitting on my shelf for some time now so I can’t say why I haven’t read it yet. The movie I also need to watch as well.
- Hidden Warrior by Lynn Flewelling. I’ve had this book for probably close to ten years now and haven’t read it yet. It sounded like an interesting story but then when I went to finally read it I realized it was the second book in a trilogy and I didn’t have the first book, so until that happens it will remain unread.
- Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry. It’s been on my to read list for a long time and I’ve had the books for at least six months now and haven’t touched it yet. Hoping this year will be the one where I finally have the chance to read this and the others in the series.
- The Forest House by Marion Zimmer Bradley. I’ve had and wanted to read this book and the others in the series since shortly after reading The Mists of Avalon. I keep meaning to pick it up and give it the attention it deserves but haven’t yet.
- Dark Horses And Black Beauties by Melissa Holbrook Pierson. My husband bought me this book about four or five years ago, was excited since it was one of the first books he bought me, he saw it was about horses and knew I’d like it.
- Dune by Frank Herbert. It’s been on my shelf for quite some time now, not sure how long, but a while. I even own the movie and haven’t watched it yet either. One day.
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card. Probably been on my shelf for 10 years, physically about less than a year, but it’s something I have wanted to read a long time since it’s such a well talked about Science Fiction novel.
- Star Wars Novels by Various Authors. These books have been lumped together simply because there are a large number of them that I have bought and haven’t read yet but I really want to.
What books have you bought but haven’t had a chance to read yet? And out of curiosity how long have they been on your shelf unread?