Today is the day! I’m a few minutes late starting the 24-hour read-a-thon since I ever so slightly slept in. For those who don’t know about the read-a-thon you can check out all the details over at the official site. Though it’s early and I’m not quite awake yet I am nonetheless very excited to get to this read-a-thon. I made sure to stock up on things to drink, snacks and got my husband and son to agree to keeping the house as quiet as possible for me today.
The plan is to get through a number of books today (my husband is predicting that I will read 4-6 books in this time) and while my pile of books is a lot larger than what I think I can read in 24 hours I like to have a variety of options to pick up as I move throughout this challenge, a few of them are rereads but only because I may reading the sequels and want to refresh myself on the story.
And now let me quickly answer a few questions from the official site before I get to all the reading fun.
- What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I am reading from a small town in Northern Ontario, Canada.
- Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I don’t know if I can pick one, I excited about all the books I want to read. But I suppose if I have to pick one I’ll go with Song of Scarabaeus, only because I’ve been putting this book off all week just so it could be part of the read-a-thon.
- Which snack are you most looking forward to? My bag of sour cream and dill flavored chips. They aren’t the best reading food but they are so good.
- Tell us a little something about yourself! Technically that’s not a question, however I shall answer it anyways. I am a stay at home mom who used to work in a funeral home.
- If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s the one thing you’ll do differently today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? Well this is my first year participating in the read-a-thon and I have to say I’m most looking forward to a day of reading and getting to a few books that have been ignored for too long now.
With that out of the way it’s time to go and find my first book to read and get to it. I will try to post an update post or two as I go, at the very minimum I will be tweeting every so often about my progress. Good luck to everyone else who is participating.