Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Things That Make Your Life As A Reader/Book Blogger Easier (maybe it’s Goodreads or your library or different resources etc. etc.).
You know, if I had needed to answer this topic even a couple of months ago I likely would have drawn a major blank. But now I can think of a number of resources that come in handy. I might not make it to ten but I’ll list all the ones that help me.
- Google Calendar. I don’t know how I survived without this tool before. I’ve only been using it since about May but it has made a world of difference for me. Now I have a set posting schedule and I it helps me keep track of ARC release dates as well.
- GoodReads. Obviously this, or similar sites, is a great resource for all readers. It keeps track of books and also allows you to see what others are reading and can find new books because of that.
- Book/Blog Journal. It’s not just for keeping track of what books I’m reading, but also helps me to jot down some notes as I read them, ideas for blog posts and just about anything that pops into my head when I’m not at a computer.
- Other Bloggers. This may seem like an odd choice but I learned a lot from visiting other blogs and it has since made things a lot easier for me. Plus they are great for finding new books and authors to read.
- Microsoft Excel (or any spreadsheet). This not only helps me keep track of all the books I own, but which ones I have read and which ones need reviews posted or have been reviewed.
- Organized Bookshelves. This one may seem obvious but keeping them organized can be a pretty big task. Doesn’t matter how you organize them (by author, series, color, etc) but keeping them nice and neat can really be helpful.
- Book Budget. This might not be something that everyone has to worry about but since I don’t work I do have to limit my book buying at times. Luckily my husband is pretty good about buying me whatever book I want but it can’t hurt to set some cash aside for that book you just have to have.
I feel like I’m missing something from that list but I really can’t figure out what that is at the moment. Either way, these are some of the things that make my life as a reader and book blogger easier. What things help your blogging and reading? Any suggestions for things I can add to my list in the future? I’m always open to ideas and suggestions on these things.