Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Best Sequels Ever.
I hate to admit this but of all the books I have read very few of them are sequels. Part of this is because I keep picking up new books while waiting for sequels to come out and then I have too many books to read and often don’t have time to get to those sequels. But I have read a few sequels so far, some were good others were downright terrible, so I’ll be a bit of both of these today. Here they are in no particular order.
- Taking Back Forever by Karen Amanda Hooper. The second book in the Kindrily series and it was just as good as the first. I am so looking forward to the next book in this series.
- Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake. This was both the sequel and the final book in this two book series. I loved this one and it was almost as good as the first book.
- Justice At Cardwell Ranch by B.J. Daniels. I really enjoyed this sequel to the Cardwell Ranch series.
- Bones of the Lost by Kathy Reichs. Okay now granted this is the only book it the series that I have read but when you can jump into a series at the sixteenth book and be completely drawn into the book then you know it is an excellent sequel. Plus this book made me go and buy many of the previous books in the series, so that must mean it’s a great sequel.
- Scent of Magic by Maria V. Snyder. This was a really good sequel, had a few slow parts but overall enjoyable. Looking forward to the next in the series.
- High Country Rebel by Lindsay McKenna. This along with several of the other books in the Jackson Hole Wyoming series are great books and make me come back to it again and again.
- Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects by Christie Golden. The ninth book in the World of Warcraft series and boy was it bad. This was one of the first books in this series that I didn’t enjoy. It was just wrong, all wrong.
- Kenobi by John Jackson Miller. While the Star Wars series is huge and some are more tied in directly to other books than others are, this book was just a huge disappointment. In essence it was a sequel to Revenge of the Sith but lacked a lot of everything and missed the mark.
What are the best sequels you have read? What about the worst sequels?