Today is the day! Over the next 24 hours I will be participating in Dewey’s 24-hour read-a-thon. I first attempted this in April and made it almost the whole time and I am hoping to do just as good this attempt. I hope to get through several books today, two to four books being my ultimate goal, but I will be happy no matter how much or how little I get done.
To start things off I will first be answering a few introductory questions before I dive into a pile of books.
- What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I am in a small town on the north shore of Lake Superior in Ontario, Canada.
- Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? That’s a tough one, since I’m not one hundred percent sure what books in my pile I will actually end up reading.
- Which snack are you most looking forward to? My Double Decker chocolate bar. They are so good!
- Tell us a little something about yourself! I really dislike mornings, which is probably why I love to sleep in whenever I can.
- If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s the one thing you’ll do differently today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I think this time I will try to take a few more breaks to help clear my mind and rest my eyes. Last time I tried to do nothing but read for the whole 24 hours and it was a little too much.