Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Sequels I Can’t Wait To Get My Hands On.
This is going to be a bit hard for me. The reason being that of the sequels I want to read I already own, just haven’t had the time to read yet. So I will be breaking this one into two parts: Sequels I Can’t Wait To Get My Hands On and Sequels I Can’t Wait To Read (For those I own already).
Sequel’s I Can’t Wait To Get My Hands On:
- Honor Among Thieves by James S.A. Corey. The next book in the Empire & Rebellion trilogy I am definitely looking forward to getting my hands on this one and seeing what happens next to fill in the gap between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back.
- Fighting For Infinity by Karen Amanda Hooper. The book cannot come out soon enough. I need it now. No, that’s not true, I needed it immediately after finishing Taking Back Forever.
- Untitled Jackson Hole Novel by Lindsay McKenna. So I’m a pretty big fan of the Jackson Hole series and after talking to the author I found out there is another book in the series coming out next year. Needless to say I am excited about this but also hating the wait. I only need to wait just over a year for this one.
- Mirror Sight by Kristen Britain. The fifth book in the Green Rider series has been a long time coming, much like all the sequels thus far, and though book four wasn’t as good as I had hoped for I am still very excited to have a date to look forward to for this book.
- Taste of Darkness by Maria V. Snyder. The third book of the Healer series I am looking forward to see where else this story and these characters go. Luckily I only need to wait until the end of this year to get my hands on it. Which means the beginning of next year by the time it gets shipped and arrives at my door, but still very excited.
- Sacred Seas by Karen Amanda Hooper. This is another book I needed right after reading the previous one in the series, Dangerous Depths. Unfortunately though I need to wait until October 2014 for it’s release. It’s going to be a long hard wait.
Sequels I Can’t Wait To Read (For those I own already):
- Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor. I wanted to read this book the moment I finished Daughter of Smoke & Bone and even though I bought it a little while after finishing it I didn’t read it. It’s since been on my shelf for several months now and I still really, really want to read it.
- The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater. I as dying to get my hands on this one before I even finished The Raven Boys. I pre-ordered this one, received it at the end of September but still haven’t read it yet.
- Kushiel’s Chosen by Jacqueline Carey. Though it’s been over a year since I read Kushiel’s Dart I still want to read this book, along with the rest of the series, to see what happens with the storyline and especially certain characters.
- Prophecy by Elizabeth Haydon. Another book where it’s been over a year since I read the first book in the series and while I really want to read this one I just haven’t made the time. It’s sitting on my bookshelf taunting me, so it’s only a matter of time before I pick it up and delve back into the world.
- Tales From Watership Down by Richard Adams. I’ve wanted to read this book since I read Watership Down about fifteen years ago. I only managed to get my hands on a copy of it this summer, so now it’s just a matter of setting aside the time to read through it.