Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Things I Am Thankful For (could be bookish or not — up to you).
I’m normally pretty terrible when it comes to lists like this. Yes, there are lots of things I’m thankful for but most of them seem too obvious or silly to mention. But I am going to try my best to list as many as I can today. So here they are in no particular order.
- My Husband. We’ve been married six years and they have been some of the happiest years of my life. Sure there are times when I want to reach over and slap him but he is also very supportive of me, allows me to stay at home to raise our son and puts up with my book buying obsession (which I think he does because I put up with his video game buying/playing obsession).
- My Son. Much like my husband I love my son very much. And much like his father there are times when he frustrates me, but that is a part of life, things can’t be perfect 100% of the time. He definitely makes things interesting around the house and I’m thrilled that he has taken such an interest in reading over the last year.
- All My Books. I think this one is fairly obvious but I am thankful for all the books that I own. I have barely scratched the surface in reading them but it’s nice to walk into the computer room and have multiple shelves of unread books waiting for me to choose from.
- Authors/Publishers who have given me books to read/review. I am so thankful for all these opportunities that they have given me, trusting me to read the books they have worked so hard at writing. I have found a great many new books and authors because of this. I am also thankful that I can chat with some of these authors on a regular basis and I feel like I can consider some of them my friends.
- The Book Blogging Community. I’m horribly unsocial in life, but here in the book blogging community I not only feel comfortable with all these other bloggers but I feel welcome as well. I had so tentatively entered this world and honestly had expected to go running in terror from it within a few months, but I’ve been doing this for over a year now and I am so glad I gave it a chance. You people are awesome and inspired me to do more than just hide in my house away from everything.
- My Best Friend. Seriously what would I do without my best friend? We might live in different countries now, her in the States and me in Canada, but we still talk almost every day. If I need cheering up, or to vent or just kill time I know I can turn to her.
- My Sister. We didn’t get along much when we were younger, in fact if anything we fought almost constantly for a great many years. But now I am so thankful to have my sister. She is my lifeline in many ways, especially when I get brave enough to try my hand at cooking, realize I have no idea what I’m doing and have to call her to be taken through the steps of whatever thing I’m trying to make. We only see each other once a year but I know she’s a phone call away and that is a great thing.
- My MMO Friends. The people I have met while playing MMOs have been great. But there is one in particular I am thankful for meeting and that is Taylor. We met while playing Star Wars: The Old Republic, and over time we have played several other MMOs together. Though I haven’t been playing games much lately I do still cherish this friendship I have with her and hope to one day meet her in real life.