Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013.
I have read so many books this year and a number of those authors were new to me. I found it hard to whittle this list down to just ten and there were a few authors I really wanted to add to this list though I initially started reading their books in 2012. So here they are, in no particular order because they are all amazing.
- Kendare Blake. The first two books I read this year were her Anna series and I absolutely devoured them. I cannot wait to read more of her books.
- Maggie Stiefvater. It started with The Scorpio Races which blew me away. Then I started in on The Raven Cycle series and I cannot wait to continue on with those books as well as the other books she has published.
- Diane Setterfield. I’ll admit I almost left her off the list because of her most recent book, Bellman & Black, but since The Thirteenth Tale was so amazing I decided to add her anyways.
- Kim Harrison. I might have never found this author had my best friend not recommended The Hollows series to me. I’m so glad she did because even though I have only read the first book in the series I cannot wait to get through the rest.
- Maria V. Snyder. I may have only read her Healer series so far (and I cannot wait for book three to come out) but I am in love with her writing style and have her Study series on my queue to start up.
- Sharon Lynn Fisher. She may only have one book published, Ghost Planet, but I loved that book so much I had to include her. I’m happy to see that she has another book coming out in April.
- Kenyon Morr. The author of the final two books in the Kingès Quest trilogy, Kenyon Morr has a way with words that makes a story flow so freely from the page..
- Chuck Wendig. I really enjoyed Under The Empyrean Sky, the first book in the Heartland series, and I cannot wait for the next book to come out. I also plan to checking out his other works as well.
- Laura Andersen. I really enjoyed The Boleyn King, the first in a trilogy, and just had to put her on the list. She has a great writing style and I cannot wait to see where her next book takes the story.
- Laini Taylor. How could not include her on this list? Daughter of Smoke & Bone was fantastic and I cannot wait for the series to continue.