Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2014 (bookish, not bookish or a blend).
Every year I make resolutions and pretty much every year without fail I do not see those resolutions through. I don’t know if it’s because I set my goals too high or just get lazy about them but this year I am going to try really hard to set goals that I can reach and to not give up on them. So here are my goals/resolutions for 2014.
- Read more of the books I own. I have so many unread books on my shelves that my biggest book related goal this year is to read as many of them as I can.
- Purge my bookshelves. There are a number of books on my shelf that I have read and didn’t like are are now taking up valuable space. I plan to take these to the used book store to get rid of as soon as I can, which is likely May at the earliest.
- Buy less books. I don’t need more books, I have tons already. This year I’d really like to limit the number of books I buy. There are a few pre-planned purchases for the year, mostly series continuations or endings that I must have but other than that I really want to spend less on books.
- Start saving for BEA. I likely won’t get to BEA this year, but I still want to start tucking away money for it this year so I do have a nice head start for whichever year I do end up going.
Not Book Related
- Try harder. I am a fairly negative person. I tend to give up too easily on too many things. This year I want to try harder to push past that negativity and attempt to finish things I start instead of abandoning them when they start to frustrate me.
- Get back into crafting. I used to love crafting as a kid but when I went to university I didn’t have enough time to keep up with this hobby and so I stopped. Now I’d like to get back into it because there are so many neat things I want to make.
- Watch my DVDs. I take advantage of the $5 movie bins way too much and because of this I have a lot of unwatched movies, as well as TV series, sitting unwatched. This year I would like to watch a bunch of them.
- Spend less. I already said I wanted to spend less on books, but I also want to spend less on everything else. Things are so expensive these days that I’m not going to waste my money on wants as much as I have before.
- Finish writing a book. I have so many partially written rough drafts and other random ideas jotted down, and yet not a single one of those have ever been completed. I don’t expect to get a polished ready to publish book, but at the minimum I want to finish and hopefully edit a complete rough draft of one of my story ideas.
- Try something new. I don’t know what that new thing will be yet, but I’d like to try something new this year. It might just help me get out of the house, something I don’t do enough of.
What goals or resolutions have you set for yourself for 2014?