Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist (if you could make authors write about these things you would. Could be a specific type of character, an issue tackled, a time period, a certain plot, etc.)
You know, I feel that generally speaking everything I want to see in a book exists out there, I just might not have found it yet. But there are things that I would like to see more of. So here are the things on my reading list, in no particular.
- Non-Perfect Characters. There is nothing I hate more than characters that have perfect hair, eyes, breasts, bodies, etc. I want characters that aren’t perfect in every way, maybe they are a little chubby, maybe they need glasses or talk with a lisp. There needs to be more main characters that fall in this category.
- Norse Mythology Based Fiction. I love all mythology, but I feel like there needs to be more books that have Norse mythology in them. There might be some that I haven’t found yet but yes there needs to me more.
- Vikings. Vikings are awesome. And yes they tie into Norse mythology, but even so I just want more viking books.
- Unicorns. I know there are tons of books about unicorns but I need more. So many more.
- Male POV Books. Nearly all the books I have read that written in first person involve female characters telling the story. I would like to see more when men tell the story.
- Animal Perspective Books. I’m talking books told by the animals, like Black Beauty and Watership Down, stories about animals told by the animals themselves.
- Evil Winning. I know people love it when the good guy wins, but that’s pretty much the end result of nearly every book. I want the bad guys to win.
- No More Love-Triangles. Seriously, I’m so sick of these. It’s really the main reason I tend to avoid YA books, cause they almost always have this crap in them.