Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Tuesday REWIND! (Pick from previous topics that you want to do again or may have missed).
There are so many great topics from the past that I wanted to do today. But after narrowing it down I finally decided to do the Top Ten Books I Read Because Of Another Blogger. I’ve found a lot of amazing books due to other bloggers and while I don’t remember which blog led me to which book I will list the books that I found and read because of other bloggers. Of course there are also books I read because of other bloggers and didn’t like. So I will be doing two lists, one of books I enjoyed and one of the books I didn’t. So here they are in no particular order.
Book I Enjoyed That I Read Because Of Other Bloggers:
- Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake. This one I actually found out about over Twitter, seeing someone mention that it was almost too scary to continue after only a few pages had me intrigued. Now I wasn’t scared reading it but I really enjoyed this book as well as the sequel.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Pretty much every blogger out there was raving about this one and finally I ended up breaking down and reading the series. I’m happy that I did because I loved them.
- Walker’s Creek by Ross Bentely-Davies. I actually stumbled upon the authors blog and when I saw the book I wanted to read it. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. So glad I saw this one on someones blog and decided to read it. It was amazing.
- The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. While there was a lot of mixed reviews about this one it was one of the reasons I picked it up, because not everyone liked it I felt that it might be better than books where everyone loves it. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
- Under The Empyrean Sky by Chuck Wendig. So many bloggers were enjoying this book I had to read it and I’m glad that I did. Now if only the next book would come out soon.
Book I Didn’t Enjoy That I Read Because Of Other Bloggers:
- The Assassin’s Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke. This book was everywhere, everyone loved it. I had mixed feelings about picking it up but did anyways. This is one of the books I regret reading because I did not love it like everyone else did.
- Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan. There seemed to be a lot of hype over this one but then it fell flat when I read it.
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card. Everyone and their uncle was going on and on about how awesome the book was and how they were excited about the movie coming out. I read the book and watched the movie, however I was not impressed with either of them.