With August here it is time to take a moment to look back at all the books I read in July. I am still not reading as much as I was hoping I would. This year overall has been bad for reading for me, but more so in the last few months. However, even with the reading blahs still affecting me I did managed to get through 23 books in July.
So what did I read?
- The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss
- Wedding At Cardwell Ranch by B.J. Daniels
- The Road To Balinor by Mary Stanton
- Sunchaser’s Quest by Mary Stanton
- Valley of Fear by Mary Stanton
- By Fire, By Moonlight by Mary Stanton
- Search For The Star by Mary Stanton
- Secrets of The Scepter by Mary Stanton
- Night of The Shifter’s Moon by Mary Stanton
- Shadows Over Balinor by Mary Stanton
- The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
- How Star Wars Conquered The Universe by Chris Taylor
- The Outlaw Demon Wails by Kim Harrison
- He-Man And The Masters of The Universe #1 by Keith Giffen
- He-Man And The Masters of The Universe #2 by Keith Giffen
- He-Man And The Masters of The Universe #3by Keith Giffen
- He-Man And The Masters of The Universe #4: Forging A New Destiny by Keith Giffen
- He-Man And The Masters of The Universe #5: Despara’s Origin Revealed by Keith Giffen
- He-Man And The Masters of The Universe #6: Sibling Rivalry by Keith Giffen
- He-Man And The Masters of The Universe #7: A Bold New Adventure by Dan Abnett
- He-Man And The Masters of The Universe #8: What Lies Within Part I by Dan Abnett
- He-Man And The Masters of The Universe #9: What Lies Within Part II by Dan Abnett
- He-Man And The Masters of The Universe #10: What Lies Within Part III by Dan Abnett
Now I know it looks like I read a lot, but really most of these books were 100 pages or less. I was trying to catch up on my GoodReads reading goal for the year and figured the best way to do that was burn through a bunch of really short books. So now I am no longer behind on my reading goal for the year, I just need to make sure I don’t fall behind again.
I also brought in a few new books into my house in July. I have been doing really good with not buying books this year but every now and then I just have to get one or a few. We went for vacation at the beginning of July and during that time I was able to hit up my new favorite used book store. There I picked up the last 5 books in The Unicorns of Balinor series, Zoo by James Patterson, The Unicorn Dilemma & The Unicorn Solution by John Lee. I also ordered a few books online that arrived in July. I had practically forgotten about having pre-ordered The Boleyn Reckoning many months ago, so when it showed up in the mail that was a pleasant surprise. The Backyard Homestead and Backyard Homesteading were something I bought to help increase my gardening potential. And when I saw The Official Book of King’s Quest: Daventry And Beyond for $3 on Amazon I just couldn’t resist ordering it. So in total I ended up bringing 12 new books. Now it’s time to avoid the book stores and online book buying sites for a while.