Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Books I’m Not Sure I Want To Read (books you may have bought but aren’t sure if you are into it anymore, books you wanted to read but heard mixed things about, hyped books you aren’t sure about — basically any book that has you going, “TO READ OR NOT TO READ?”
There are a number of books, some of which I have bought and others that I haven’t yet, that at one time I wanted to read but now I’m not so sure about. These books are not listed in any particular order.
- The Wheel of Time books by Robert Jordan. I have most of these books, bought them while there was a sale at the book store, but they have sat on my shelves for way too many years now and I’m really not sure if I want to read them now.
- Between The Lines by Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer. I saw this one in the book store several times and I was fairly intrigued by the story, however seeing a lot of negative reviews on this one has me hesitating on whether I should read it or not.
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I was hesitant to buy this one, but eventually ended up doing so and now I’m hesitant to read it though I can’t quite figure out why.
- The Tower of Ravens by Kate Forsyth. I tried reading this one a year or so ago because I thought it sounded like it would be a really great read, but I eventually gave up on it because reading the dialect of the characters talking gave me a headache. I kind of want to give this book another try but the reason why I put it down in the first place is making me second guess this re-reading idea.
- Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling. Okay, admittedly I have read the first book in this series but I didn’t like it and now I’m wondering whether it’s worth reading the rest of the series or not.
- It by Stepehn King. Last year I promised myself I would read this book and I didn’t. This year I said the same thing and so far haven’t touched it. It’s not that I think it will scare me, so far none of his books have, and that is the reason I don’t think I want to read this one. I find Stephen King’s writing style to be annoying and his books are so boring to get through the only reason I have kept It on my shelf is in case I get a severe case of insomnia since I can almost guarantee it will put me to sleep.
- War & Peace by Leo Tolstoy. I don’t like classics, but I bought this one anyways at a library sale. I’m just not sure if I will ever read it because a) it’s a classic and b) it’s pretty darn long.
- Lady of Ashes by Christine Trent. I got this book because I thought I would enjoy it, having been in the funeral profession myself, but when I tried to read it I found it so boring that I put it down. Part of me wants to give it another shot, but part of me says ‘just let it sit there and collect dust because you know it won’t be any better the second time around’.
I know there are a few other books that are on my not sure if I still want to read them list, but they are eluding me at the moment. What book are you not sure you want to read anymore?