Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Books/Movies To Read Or Watch To Get In The Halloween Spirit.
I love Halloween and more so I love watching Halloween movies. It’s especially fun now that I can share several of my favorite movies with my son, though some I will need to wait a few more years before letting him watch them. So for this I will be listing the movies to watch to get in the Halloween spirit. I might not reach ten but I can think of a few that are must watches each year.
- It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. No Halloween is complete until I have seen this movie. It’s such a classic and no matter whether you are 5 or 95 I think everyone should watch this movie at least once.
- Beetlejuice. What’s not to love about this movie? It’s certainly a great one to help get me in the Halloween spirit.
- Hocus Pocus. This wacky and weird movie is just what every Halloween needs.
- Edward Scissorhands. Do I really need to explain this one?
- The Addams Family and Addams Family Values. Two great movies that can be watched at Halloween or any time of the year.
- Corpse Bride. Another movie to watch year round but it’s great for Halloween as well.
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. It’s a classic cartoon that is perfect for Halloween.
- Gremlins and Gremlins 2. Seriously, probably one of the best movies on this list. And the sequel is pretty damn awesome too.
- Ghostbusters. The first was a classic. The sequel was pretty good too. A must watch for Halloween.
Well I almost made it to ten. What movies do you watch to get in the Halloween Spirit? Or do you prefer to read books?