This is a challenge for all those series books you started at some point and haven’t finished. This challenge is hosted by Socrates’ Book Reviews.
Here are the rules guidelines.
- All books that are part of a continuing series qualify (i.e. Debbie Macomber’s Cedar Cove, Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum, James Patterson’s Alex Cross, etc. etc.)
- It doesn’t matter if you have 1 or 10 books in a series to complete it, it qualifies (i.e. if you only need to read one more Sookie Stackhouse book to complete the goal, that’s fine) The goal is to complete a series from wherever you are up to until the last published book.
- The qualification period is January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014. Books must be read during this time frame to count.
- Take the button above and post about it. Use the Mr. Linky below to sign up and make sure you link it directly to your post about this challenge.
- If you don’t have a blog, that’s fine. Just leave a comment to sign up and tell us what you are reading. Or you can join my Goodreads group for this challenge by clicking here.
- Any format of book counts – audio, ebook, etc.
- You should choose the series you want to finish before the challenge begins, but it isn’t necessary. It’s fine to change series during the year – as long as you complete whichever series it is.
- Choose a level.
Level 1 (Novice series reader) – Complete 1 series.
Level 2 (Testing the waters) – Complete 2 series.
Level 3 (Experienced) – Complete 3 series.
Level 4 (Expert series reader) – Complete 4 or more series.
This year I will going for Level 4 – Complete 4 or more series. I did really good with this challenge last year so I want to do just as good, if not better, this year.
The series I will be finishing this year are:
- Noble Dead Saga Series #1: 2 of 6 books read
- Symphony of Ages series: 1 of 6 books read
- The Sea Monster Memoirs trilogy: 2 out of 3 books
- The Hollows series: 6 out of 12 books read
Those are the four I will try to complete first. Depending on how quickly I finished these I will work on finishing others, though I’m not sure which ones I will work on at that point.