Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Favorite Heroines From Books (Or you could pick movies/tv): We’ve done this topic before so you could always do heroines you love since the last time we did this topic, heroines in a particular genre, etc.
I don’t think I can come up with ten heroines from one particular thing like books or movies. So for this list I will simply put my top ten favorite heroines from all sources.
- She-Ra from She-Ra: Princess of Power. I grew up watching She-Ra (and He-Man as well) and she was my favorite heroine for the longest time. Hell I still watch the show. I’m still hoping that one day they will make a live action She-Ra movie.
- Xena from Xena: Warrior Princess. I loved Xena. Everything stopped when a new episode came on. I also enjoyed her sidekick Gabriel. I miss this show.
- Sirantha Jax from the Sirantha Jax book series. I started reading this book series a month or so ago and fell in love with it. Sirantha is a great character that can play many roles but isn’t perfect in all of them, which is a big appeal.
- Merida from Brave. Finally a Disney princess that can do stuff for herself.
- Karou from Daughter of Smoke & Bone book series. Do I really need to explain this one? No, I didn’t think so.
- Rosella from King’s Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella. There don’t seem to be a lot of female heroines in video games, at least not in the games I have played lately. So this one stands out to me because you get to play the heroine, whereas in the rest of the series you play heroes. The book about her, See No Weevil, was a pretty fun read as well.
- Princess Leia from Star Wars. What’s not to like about her? She’s smart, sassy, not afraid of battle and the banter between her and Han is priceless.
Well, didn’t quite make it to ten, but there you go. I’m sure I am forgetting some. So who are your favorite heroines?