Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Books Which Feature Characters Who _____ (are musically inclined, have lost someone, have depression, who grow up poor, etc.). HOWEVER, I will actually be doing last weeks topic of Top Ten ALL TIME Favorite Authors.
This is not an easy list to make, however I think it’s manageable. So here they are, in no particular order:
- Laura Andersen. I only recently discovered her from her Tudor Trilogy and I fell in love with her writing style so much that I have to include her here.
- Karen Amanda Hooper. I love all of her books. Plus she’s just a great person.
- Kristen Britain. I wait almost four years in between book releases from her, so that must mean she’s one of my top authors.
- Ann Aguirre. Another recently discovered author, but now I’m determined to read all her books.
- Almost All Star Wars Authors. Admittedly, there are a few that I don’t like, but overall the majority of them deserve to be on this list.
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche. I’ve only read two of her books so far, but the first one prompted me to order all of her other books. Her writing style is gorgeous and the stories are fantastic.
- Laini Taylor. I don’t think I need to explain that one, but just in case I do: Daughter of Smoke & Bone. Enough said.
- Kim Harrison. An author my best friend recommended to me and I’m so glad she did. Love The Hollows series.
- B.J. Daniels. Really enjoy the stories she weaves, especially the suspense portion of them.
- Jacqueline Carey. I’ve only read a few of her books but she is definitely among my favorite authors. Kushiel’s Dart = love.