Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Ten Books Every Audio Book Lover Should
Read Listen To.
For the longest time I thought audio books were silly. Why listen to a book when you can read it? Isn’t that the point of a book anyways, to read it? Well I have changed my opinion somewhat and now I enjoy the occasional audio book. In the end, it’s the narrator that makes or breaks these books for me. The books listed below not only have a great story line to them, but also have a wonderful narrator who brought the stories and characters alive. Here they are in no particular order.
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. Narrated by Steve West & Fiona Hardingham.
- Childhood’s End by Arthur C. Clarke. Narrated by Eric Michael Summerer & Robert J. Sawyer.
- The Hollows Series by Kim Harrison. Narrated by Marguerite Gavin.
- Farewell, Dorothy Parker by Ellen Meister. Narrated by Angela Brazil.
- Lethal Circuit by Lars Guignard. Narrated by Ben Sullivan.
- Fuzzy Nation by John Scalzi. Narrated by Wil Wheaton.
- River Monsters by Jeremy Wade. Narrated by Jeremy Wade.
Didn’t quite make it to ten, but that’s because a lot of the other audio books that I have listened to are part of The Hollows series, and thus I didn’t want to list them individually. Are there audio books that you love and think should be on this list?