Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Bookworm Delights.
- Talking To People About Books. I may be a shy introvert, but get me talking about books and I may never shut up. I’m sure all readers will agree that discussing the books we read is one of our greatest delights.
- Ordering/Buying New Books. Obviously the better of the two is buying them at the store, since you get the instant satisfaction of the book right away. But sometimes it’s great to order a book online and eagerly await it’s arrival.
- Getting Books As Gift. The next best thing to buying the book yourself is having someone else buy it for you as a birthday, anniversary, Christmas or just because present.
- The Smell of Books. Some take this to the extreme, sniffing every book they touch. While others prefer the general aroma of books while walking into a book store.
- Finding That Hard To Find Book. This was more special before the internet made it possible to buy just about anything online. But there’s something about finally finding a book you have wanted for months/years.
- Building Bookshelves. For some reason I absolutely love putting together a new bookshelf. It’s like making an area of bookish opportunities.
- Filling Up A Bookshelf. Of course, even better than building the bookshelf, is filling it up with books. Even if it can sometimes be a struggle to get the books in there just right.
- Book Clubs. I may not be in one right now (it’s a long story), but book clubs are a great way to connect with other bookworms and get the chance to not only read something new, but discuss it as well.
- When Your Favorite Author Releases A New Book/Series. That highly anticipated sequel/new series has just arrived. Time to forget everything else in life and dive into the story. It’s the greatest.
- Bookmarks. Sure, most people like e-readers now, but I still prefer physical copies of my books. And what better thing to get for all those books than a huge collection of bookmarks. It’s fun to try to find a matching/suitable bookmark for your current read.
There you have it, those are my ten bookworm delights. What bookworm delights made your list?