Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Ten Books I Picked Up On A Whim.
I pick up books a lot on a whim. Especially when perusing through some of my favorite used book stores. I always end up picking up several books om a whim, plus the books that I had on my list to buy (if they had them). Now, some of these books I haven’t read yet, but they made it to the list because I simply couldn’t leave the store without buying them. So here are my top ten books I picked up on a whim, in no particular order.
- Lady of Ashes by Christine Trent. A book about a female undertaker in 1860s London was all I needed to know to buy this one. Sadly it wasn’t all that great and in fact I added this one to the dreaded DNF pile.
- Rhapsody by Elizabeth Haydon. This one was a used bookstore find. It sounded good and they had the whole series, so I scooped them all up. I’ve read the first book and really enjoyed it, now I just need to finish the rest of the series.
- Watership Down by Richard Adams. Bunnies! Need I say more? Bought on a complete whim, wasn’t sure what to expect, absolutely loved it. One of the best whim books that I have read.
- The Tower of Ravens by Kate Forsyth. A books whose cover and description pulled me in and figured why not buy it. I never did finish this one, but part of me wants to go back and give it another try.
- There Will Be Dragons by John Ringo. Bought this one during a buy 3 get the 4th free deal when I needed a fourth book. Didn’t like it, but at least it was technically free.
- Silver Wolf, Black Falcon by Dennis L. McKeirnan. This one might have been another deal book that I figured why not give it a try. It sounded need but didn’t pan out.
- The Book of Deacon by Joseph Lallo. I believe this was a Kindle freebie that I grabbed on a whim. I quite enjoyed this one and need to read the rest of the trilogy.
- Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake. This was a partial whim buy. I say it mentioned by some book blogger that this book was so scary she couldn’t make it past page 20 or something, so thought I’d check it out. While I loved this book, I didn’t find it scary at all.
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. Figured, ‘hey this sounds neat let’s check it out’, and boy was it great. One of the best whim books that I have read.
- Dhampir by Barb & J.C. Hendee. Picked up this book shortly after it came out figuring it might be good. Turned out out to be enjoyable and continued on with the series – some books weren’t so good but overall a good whim series to have picked up.