Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Ten Books That Have Been On Your Shelf (Or TBR) From Before You Started Blogging That You STILL Haven’t Read Yet.
Oh geez. This is going to be embarrassing to list some of these, because not only have I not read these books during the almost four years that I have been blogging, but some of them have sat on my shelf for years on top of that. Well, let’s get to it. Here they are in no particular order.
- Noble Dead Saga Series 3 & Series 3. Granted the third series has only just come to a finish, so those books are fairly recent additions to my shelf. But as far as the second series go, those are from 2009.
- The Wheel of Time series. This one is probably one of the longest sitting books/series on my shelf. I started buying them when there was only about 4 or 5 books out in the series and while I have them all now (I think), I still haven’t read a single one yet.
- Eragon series. Though I bought the books only a couple years ago, this series has been on my list for quite some time and I still haven’t read any of them.
- Dune by Frank Herbert. I’m not even sure how long this book has been on my TBR, but it’s quite some time, so I really need to get around to reading it soon.
- Shogun by James Clavell. Another book that has been on my TBR since forever ago. Though in the case of this book, I don’t plan on reading it until I own all of the series, then I will read them all, and I am currently missing two books from it.
- Jurassic Park by Michael Critchon. Seriously, how have I not read this one yet? I loved the movie and I know the book will be even better. I think the thing that stops me from getting around to it is that the book has such tiny font.
- Hythrun Chronicle: Wolfblade Trilogy. This has been on my TBR for 8ish years, maybe more. I read the other trilogy a while ago, but still haven’t gotten around to this one, which is actually a prequel to the other trilogy.
- Lonesome Dove. This book, and the series it’s in, has been on my TBR for longer than I care to admit, but let’s just say this one wins the award for being on it the longest. I keep telling myself each year, that this will be the year I finally read them, and then I don’t.
- Star Wars Books. As much as I love Star Wars, I have not yet read all of the books in that enormous series, and I’m referring to the Expanded Universe (Legends) in this case. So, that means that a number of those books have been on my shelf since before I started blogging. But I do plan on reading through the entire series, in chronological order as soon as I get the last 7 books that I’m missing.
- Lord of The Rings. Okay, let me just say that these books I will probably never read. But I bought them back when the movies were being released, because I thought “Hey, I like fantasy books, so therefore I should love these” and then I saw the movies, got bored out of my skull and the books have been sitting on my shelf ever since.
There are so many more books that could have made the list, but these are the ones I figured deserved some spotlight. Maybe by admitting that it’s been so long and I still haven’t read them yet, that will give me the incentive I need to finally read them.