Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten ALL TIME Favorite Books Of Fantasy Genre.
I have read quite a bit of fantasy books, at one time reading exclusively reading the genre, so it was both easy and hard to make this list, because so many books could have gone on it. So here they are in no particular order.
- The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle. This is a book that I hated at first, thanks to the movie, and then fell in love with it when I gave it a second chance. Getting to meet the author during a special screening of the movie a couple years ago was great as well.
- Grasping At Eternity by Karen Amanda Hooper. I can’t talk about the best fantasy books without including this one. This book, and the trilogy as a whole, are amazing. I can’t say enough good things about it. Go read it now.
- Kushiel’s Dart by Jacqueline Carey. Do I need to explain this one? No, I didn’t think so.
- Green Rider by Kristen Britain. Magic and horses play a pretty big role in this book and series.
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor. Do I need to explain this one? No, I didn’t think so.
- The Wayfarer Redemption by Sara Douglass. This book is magic, pure magic. If you haven’t read it, go do so now.
- The Mountain’s Call by Caitlin Brennan. Another series where magic and horses play a major role in the story. In fact without those two things there wouldn’t be much of a book.
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. Another book where horses play a big role. This book isn’t a typical fantasy genre read but I think it still fits in perfectly.
- Dhampir by Barb & J.C. Hendee. Vampires, Elves and medieval-ish setting.
- Watership Down by Richard Adams. Bunnies! Who knew a book about bunnies would be so deep, violent and overall awesome.