Now, before you guys get all excited, I have some bad news. I am not giving out recommendations, not directly at least. The purpose of this post if for you to give me recommendations.
That’s right, I want you to tell what Sci-Fi books I should read. What TV series or movies I should watch. Maybe even a Sci-Fi game you think would be good for me to try out. I want to experience more of the genre, both old and new. And what better way to do so than to have other Sci-Fi fans share the books/movies/etc that they love. This will not only help me out, but it will help anyone else looking for their next read or series/movie to watch. I know, I know, you’re thinking that I should be able to find recommendations by looking at your posts for this month, but if you’re like me, you’ve only really scratched the surface this month and there is so much more of the genre than what has been posted.
Now I’m open to all suggestions, but to help you out a bit, I will list some Sci-Fi things that I liked and some I didn’t. This will also prevent you from recommending things to me that I may have already read/watched/played.
What I like:
- Star Wars: Duh! I’ve seen all the movies, most of the TV series and have read quite a few of the books as well. I also have a ton of toys and other collectable from this franchise.
- Star Trek: Perhaps not so much now as before, but I still like this series.
- Sirantha Jax Series & The Dred Chronicles: These two series by Ann Aguirre were fantastic, so something similarish would be awesome.
- Ghost Planet: A standalone novel by Sharon Lynn Fisher was really good, even if the blurb ruined one of the big plot twists.
- Aliens!: I don’t mean the Alien movie franchise (because I haven’t watched any of them yet), but I’m talking about all of the unique species that we find in the various Sci-Fi worlds out there.
- Technology: Seriously, one of the best thigns about Sci-Fi, other than the alien species, are the different technologies that are in the genre.
- Appleseed: The movies, the series, the manga – it all is amazing, well at least what I have gotten through so far.
- The Dragons of Jupiter: A standalone by Jacob Holo, this novel was fantastic and I want to read more like it.
- Planets: I’m nice to see Earth like planets, but the joy of Sci-Fi is seeing those unique planets.
What I don’t like:
- Ender’s Game: Sorry people, but I just really hated this book and the movie. Things similar to this would not be a good thing.
- Maze Runner: I feel like dystopians and me just don’t get along anymore, whether they are Sci-Fi or not. I don’t even know if this series is even remotely Sci-Fi but adding it just in case.
As you can see, the list of what I don’t like is pretty small. So let’s hear those recommendations! I’m curious to see what everyone will list.