Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read For The First Time In 2016.
At first I wasn’t sure how many new to me authors I had read this yet, but then I did some digging and found out that I had read quite a few. So here they are in no particular order.
- Lawrence Anthony. I loved his stories about his life trying to save Elephants, Rhinos and other species in Africa.
- Isaac Asimov. While I didn’t entirely love Foundation, I will be finishing the trilogy at some point as I am curious about it.
- Chris Metzen. I didn’t think I would like his book, but I really enjoyed it and can only hope he will write more World of Warcraft books in the future.
- Victoria Scott. Her novel Titans was a fun, unique read that had no romance at all, which was a great break from most YA novels.
- T.T. Flynn. This is a western author I’ve wanted to read for some time, and was glad to finally get around to one of his books this year and look forward to reading more in the future.
- Claudia Gray. I feel in love with her writing with Lost Stars and I cannot wait to read more of her works.
- E.K. Johnston. I liked her Ahsoka novel and will look for more of her books in the future.
- Stella Howard. I happened upon her by chance when I stumbled upon a Xena book she wrote, now I am eager to read more.
Didn’t quite make it to ten, but I was close. There were a few other new to me authors that I read this year, but since I really didn’t like the books of theirs that I read, they did not make the list. What new to you authors did you read this year?