Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Books I’m Looking Forward To For The First Half Of 2017.
I wasn’t sure if this was meant to be for books coming out in the first half of 2017 or just book we want to read in the first half of the year, so I went with a latter since I don’t have a lot of new releases on my scope. So here they are in no particular order.
- Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry. I’ve been meaning to read this one for so long it’s not even funny. I will make sure to finally read it come 2017.
- Illidan by William King. This is the final book in the World of Warcraft series, at the moment at least, so I’m looking forward to reading it to finish off the series, plus I love Illidan’s character from the game.
- Firebrand by Kristen Britain. This is the sixth book in the Green Rider series and I’m eager to getting around to it (even though I still need to read the fifth book first) and this one come out February 2017.
- In Shade And Shadow by Barb & J.C. Hendee. This is the first book in the second series of the Noble Dead Saga (confusing I know). I am interested in seeing where this series takes the story.
- Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel. This one has been on my shelf for a while, and though I’m not sure if I will like it or not, I’m hoping to read it and the seuqal in the beginning of the year.
- Dark Disciple by Christie Golden. I put off this one until I could watch all of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, so now it’s time to finally read this story and get to see more of Asajj Ventress.
- Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton. This is another book that has been on my shelf for years. I love the movie, so it’s about time I read the book.
- The African Trilogy by Chinua Achebe. Though I don’t own this one yet, I do plan on reading it in the coming months.
- Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones. Been wanting to read this since I found out the movie was based on a book (which was quite some time after I watched the movie – cause I’m apparently blind to things like that).
- Prophecy: Child of Earth by Elizabeth Haydon. I read the first book in this series a while back and am ready to continue on with it (after I reread the first book).
What books are you looking forward to in the first half of 2017?