Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Read In One Sitting Theme.
For this, I’m going to go with the books that I have read, or could read, in one sitting. This is of course assuming that I didn’t have anything interrupting me. So you know, reading in that perfect world, where you don’t need to eat, sleep or anything else outside of read.
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I came really close to reading this one in one sitting. I started it late at night, got only a short way into it before I needed to sleep, but the next day I burned through the rest of it.
- Murder, She Wrote Books by Jessica Fletcher. These books are great quick reads and I can often read them in one sitting. I find they are great in between longer books, and often use them as sort of palate cleansers.
- Black Beauty by Anna Sewell. I generally read this book in one sitting, as it’s short and such a great story. Of course, I also like to stretch the story out over a couple of days just so I don’t get to the end too quickly.
- Grasping At Eternity by Karen Amanda Hooper. Really, any of her books I could read in a day. Though admittedly, I also try not to rush these ones because they are so good and I want to make them last.
- The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster. This fun little book can easily be read in one sitting. I loved this one growing up and still regularly reread it.
- Destiny, Rewritten by Kathryn Fitzmaurice. This was a great middle grade novel that I read a couple years ago and could easily be read in one sitting.
- Kushiel’s Dart by Jacqueline Carey. I think even without sleeping or anything else, I highly doubt I could ever read this one in one sitting. But I would love to, because it’s such a great book and I need to reread it soon so that I can continue on with the series.
- The Floating Castle by Craig Mills. I’m pretty sure that I read this one in one sitting because it was such a great and nostalgic read. I really wish there were more King’s Quest books out there.
- Manga & Graphic Novels. I’m going general with this one, not picking any one specific manga, but manga and graphic novels are great one sitting reads. Plus it’s a nice change of pace for novels.
- Perdition by Ann Aguirre. I know I came close to reading this one in one sitting and if/when I reread it, I am certain I could do it in one go. This is a great start to an amazing trilogy, and really all three books can be read in one sitting each.
So there you have it, the books I have or could read in one sitting. What books have you read in one sitting? Any books you wish you could read all at once?