Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Series I’ve Been Meaning To Start But Haven’t.
I have quite a few series that I have meant to start years ago but still haven’t gotten around to. Some have been patiently waiting on my shelf for 15+ years, which makes me feel even worse, knowing that it’s been that long. So here they are in no particular order.
- The Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan. This one, or at least parts of it, has been on my shelf for 15 or so years. Hopefully I can start it soon since all the books are out – at least I’m pretty sure they are.
- Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. Okay, technically I read one of these books about ten years ago, but it was the final book (or first depending on how you read them), so I need to actually read them in chronological order at some point.
- Howl’s Moving Castle by Dianne Wynne Jones. It took me a few years to track down these book, because I loved the anime so much, I wanted to check out the original source. However, I still haven’t started them, but I plan to at some point this year.
- The Troy Game by Sara Douglass. I fell in love with her Wayfarer Redemption series, so I had to get her other books, but I haven’t gotten around to reading this series or any of her others yet.
- The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. This one I’m not sure about. I got the books some years ago, but I’ve heard good and bad things about it, so for now it will continue to sit on my shelf.
- Unicorn Saga by John Lee. This is a more recent addition to my shelf, but I still haven’t gotten around to starting it yet. I still need to track down two books in the series, and am waiting until I get them before starting the books.
- Camulod Chronicles by Jack Whyte. Some of these books have been on my shelf for close to ten years, but still haven’t read any of them yet.
Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment. Usually I don’t have an issue starting series, it’s finishing them that I often struggle with.