Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is is freebie week, so I am going with the Top Ten Older Series I Still Need To Read.
I tend to read a lot of older books, not so old that they are classics, but books that have been published 10-30 years ago usually. I have read a number of older series, but for this list, I’m focusing on the series that I own but haven’t read yet. Some series may still be ongoing, through most are completed.
- The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. I’ve have some of these books on my shelf for probably 15 years and I still haven’t read it yet.
- Earthsea Cycle by Ursula K. LeGuin. This is a more recent addition to my shelves but the series is fairly old. I’m hoping to get to this one later this year or early next year.
- Hythrun Chronicles by Jennifer Fallon. I’ve technically read the second trilogy in this series, which I believe came out first, but I haven’t read the prequel trilogy.
- Dark Glass Mountain & The Troy Games series by Sara Douglass. Ever since reading The Wayfarer Redemption series I have wanted to read the rest of Douglass’ books. I own them, I just haven’t read them yet.
- Asian Saga by James Clavell. I don’t own all the books in this one yet, but I really want to get around to reading it soon.
- Camulod Chronicles by Jack Whyte. I love the various stories about King Arthur and so I had to get this series. One day soon I will read it…hopefully.
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery. I don’t know why I haven’t read this series yet, but I really need to fix this.
- The Borrowers by Mary Norton. I might have read this one as a kid, but I don’t remember, so I want to read it again/for the first time at some point.
- Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry. This one has been on my TBR for far too long. I told myself I would read it last year no matter what and I didn’t. Hopefully I actually get to it this year.
- Symphony of Ages by Elizabeth Haydon. This is a series I’m currently reading. I may only be working on book two at the moment, but I’m enjoying it and looking forward to reading the rest of the series. This series also recently finished, with the last book having been published last year.