Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten Halloween Traditions For My Family.
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, and that feeling is shared among my family members. There are a few things we do, or try to do, each year around Halloween time.
- Watching The Addams Family and Addams Family Values. We love watching these movies around Halloween, even though they aren’t necessarily Halloween movies.
- Watching It’s The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. A Halloween classic, we make an effort to watch this one every year when they show it on TV. Honestly, I don’t know why we don’t own this one on DVD yet.
- Picking Out Costumes. Usually it’s just the boy who dresses up, but some years hubby and I dress up as well. It’s always fun to decide on which costume to wear.
- Decorating The House. We don’t put out too many decorations for Halloween, but we always hang a skeleton on our front door and carve a pumpkin. Some years all three of us carve pumpkins, but some years, like this one, it’s just the boy that does it.
- Trick Or Treating. An obvious must for the boy. He loves trick or treating. I go out with him while hubby stays home and hands out candy. We usually have to contend with snow during Halloween but that doesn’t stop the boy from hitting up as many houses as he can.
- Candy Sorting. This follows trick or treating. Despite the boys love of going out trick or treating, he not a huge candy fan, so we sort through all his candy, picking out what he doesn’t like and then that gets sorted into piles hubby and I will eat, and a pile for him to take to work for everyone there.
- Watching Corpse Bride. This is one that I tend to watch by myself. The boy isn’t interested and hubby has watched it a few times but doesn’t feel like watching it again each year. I love this movie and feel like Halloween is the best time to watch it.
- Candy Corn. I’m the only one in my family that likes Candy Corn, but I always look forward to it. This year my quest for candy corn has been thwarted because no store has carried it. Luckily I have awesome friends who have sent me some.