Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2017.
When I’m actively reading, I don’t really pay attention to whether I have previously read that author or not. But looking back on the year, I read a number of new authors and luckily I enjoyed nearly all of them. So here are my top ones, in no particular order.
- Mike Flanagan. I started the Rodeo Rider’s series this year and absolutely fell in love with the way he writes about rodeo and ranch life.
- Kei Sanbe. I am so happy that I stumbled upon this author and the Erased series.
- Ichigo Takano. Another manga author. The Orange series was so beautiful. I will definitely read more by Takano in the future.
- Kaoru Mori. Her A Bride’s Story series is wonderful. The story itself is great, but the illustrations are really what make the series and this author shine.
- Marissa Meyer. I honestly had put off reading The Lunar Chronicles for so long because I didn’t think I would like it, but then I fell in love with it and can’t wait to read more of her books.
- Chinelo Okparenta. I have only read one of her books, Happiness Like Water, but her writing just drew me in and I cannot wait to read more of her books in the future.
- Yoshitoki Oima. Her A Silent Voice series was a great read. I will definitely be looking forward to more of her books.
- Brian K. Vaughan. I didn’t expect to love Saga but I did and it put him up there with my favorite new to me authors of the year.
- Charles Portis. I have only read one book by him, True Grit, but I enjoyed the hell out of it and will be reading more of his books in the future.
- Nnedi Okorafor. Another author where I have only read one book of theirs, but it was great and I will definitely be reading more of her books in the future.
There you have it, the best new-to -me authors that I read in 2017. What new-to-you authors did you read and enjoy last year? Any I should add to my to-be-read list?