I don’t have enough bookish related goals to fill up this list, so I am going to slip it between bookish and non-bookish resolutions.
- Read My Older Books. It’s so easy to fall for all the new titles coming out in the year. I mean, I want to read a bunch of them, but I more so, I want to focus on the books that have been sitting on my shelf for months if not years and are still unread.
- Get Rid Of Books. Last year I got rid of almost 200 books. This year I want to continue to thin out the shelves. I will only keep the books/series that I truly enjoyed and want to read again. This will keep my shelves from getting too full and allow room for newer books.
- Listen To Audio Books. This falls into the first category, but I’m marking it separate for a reason. I have quite a few audio books that I still haven’t listened to yet, but since they don’t sit on my physical book shelf it’s so easy to overlook them. This year I will make a conscious effort to listen to a lot of them.
- Write More. I have so many ideas I want to put down onto paper, but I never make enough time to do it. This year I will make an effort to write, and not just restrict myself to NaNoWriMo to do it in.
- Exercise. I was doing really good last year with this, and then winter happened and the desire to do it waned. It doesn’t help that it’s too cold out to go outside most days, but that shouldn’t stop me from doing something. So I will be making an effort to get moving even if I have to do it inside my house.
- Be Positive. This is seriously something I have struggled with for years. I find it so hard to get and stay positive. But I’m tired of letting things get me down. I will be letting all their weight go and looking on the bright side of things this year.
- Cut Out Toxic People. This goes with the be positive idea. I have a couple of toxic people in my life that I have put up with for far too long, but it’s time to let them go as well. This is a bit challenging since they are family, but I cannot let them continue to make my life miserable just because we are related.
- Learn A New Skill. I don’t quite know what that skill will be, and I may end up relearning an old skill that I no longer use, but I want to do something new/newish this year.
- Eat Healthy. This is actually fairly easy for me for most of the year. But it’s so easy to fall into the holiday candy trap and then I eat nothing but junk food for weeks on end. I want to really cut back on that and only allow myself the occasional unhealthy treat, like when we go out to a restaurant to eat, that way it’s not a full time, consuming my life thing.
There you have it. Those are my resolutions for the year. A lot of these I do each year and generally speaking do well with them, but others I definitely need to improve on and this year I am focusing on me and improving myself in various ways, so it should be relatively easy to accomplish them.