Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish and is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week is the Books That Have Been On My TBR the Longest and I Still Haven’t Read.
Oh boy, this is where I show my reader shame, since some of the books I own have been on my shelf for SO long and I still haven’t read them yet…but don’t worry, I do plan to read them, eventually. Most will be listed as series, since most if not all of them books that have been on my TBR for an extended period of time are part of series. So here they are, in no particular order.
- The Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan. Some of these books I have owned for around 20 years and I still haven’t read them.
- The Avalon Series by Marion Zimmer Bradley. This has been on my TBR since the TV mini-series came out, so about 15 years or so.
- The Borrowers Series by Mary Norton. Not sure how long this has been on my TBR, but it’s been a long time. I think I may have read this one as a kid, but not 100% sure.
- Camulod Chronicles by Jack Whyte. This is another series that has been on my TBR for easily 15 years. I love King Arthur stories, so it’s surprising I haven’t got to this one yet.
- Asian Saga by James Clavell. This has been a good 10 years or more since I put this one on my TBR, but I will get around to it at some point.
- Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry. This has probably been on my TBR the longest, since I remember seeing the Lonesome Dove miniseries as a kid and wanting to read the story it was based on, so if I had to guess, I’d say this is a 20+ year TBR book.
- InuYasha by Rumiko Takahashi. I’ve been wanting to read this manga series since I was first introduced to the anime about 15 years ago. I do plan to read this series over the course of this year.
- Howl’s Moving Castle by Dianne Wynn Jones. This is one of the more recent additions, but it has still been on my TBR for quite some time. Basically since watching the anime adaptation, I have wanted to read this book.
- The African Trilogy by Chinua Achebe. Another book where I’m not sure how long it’s been on my TBR, but it feel like it’s been there too long. It’s on my list of books to finally read this year.
- Dune by Frank Herbert. I don’t know exactly how long this one has been on my TBR, but it’s been quite some time. I’ve often felt that I can’t truly call myself a scifi fan until I read Dune.
There you have it, the books that have been on my TBR the longest. What books have been on your TBR for too long and you still haven’t read?